Tuesday, September 7, 2010

University life...

Salaam everyone!

Let me continue where I last stop.


2nd week in Uni: Ta'aruf week. (Orientation week for all students, international+local)

The week that a lot of bittersweet things happen. I don't wish to elaborate much of this week. What I can say is that this week was an eye-opener for me. Test my patience up to the limit. But well, the important part is the last day of the Ta'aruf week, which is the Bai'ah ceremony whereby we took an oath and officially become an IIUM student. I've never felt more relief after the ceremony has ended. Alhamdulillah. =)


3rd week:The Add and Drop exercise.

This is the nerve wrecking week. Why? Because this is the week whereby you need to make sure you get classes. Yeah, I meant you need to make sure that you have enough credits to make it through the semester. So this is the most crucial week. Although I haven't enter Kuliyyah yet, I felt the pressure as I need to secure two more subjects. And although it's just two subjects, it is so tiring. I need to go and search for the lecturers, to get into their classes, as I can't apply online due to the fact that I'm not registered as a student in the kuliyyah. So I was searching for them in the maze of rooms in the complicated building which is all new to me. But Alhamdulillah, I get a lot of advice and help from my beloved seniors. Without them, I don't know how I'll cope. And I get to take up two more subjects apart from the two Arabic classes that is compulsory for me this semester.

So, everything ended well and I was planning on going home at the end of the week as I haven't applied for student visa yet. I was very eager on going home but due to some reason, it got delayed by a day. I was really annoyed at that fact, but I can't do anything but just wait. Thank God there's my roommates that I can go back home with. Was really excited to reach my home country. I think I walked too fast when I reached the immigration until I didn't see the sight of them. Said my goodbyes to them and practically rushed home. The feeling's just great to be at home.


Subsequent weeks.

So basically, class had started when I got back. Lessons were quite great. New environment. New friends, wonderful atmosphere. Had Jalan-jalan KL too. Hehe, went to Times Square with fellow mspians/ seniors, went to KLCC with fellow roommates, went to Masjid India with new Singaporean friends.

Ouh, I think I forgot to mention about my wonderful room. Although my Mahallah is one of furthest from the campus, I don't really mind at all. Why? because the view from my window is just great, and the size of the rooms are a bit bigger than the ones from other Mahallahs. The flooring is also better. The sun rays that shines through is sufficient for drying clothes. Ah, and one more thing, the food and drinks at our cafe is better that anyone else. Heh.

Although it's just been just a few weeks in uni, there was a few problems that cropped up. Well, I never imagine a smooth sailing ride, but I also didn't expect these kind of problems to happen. Well, life is really interesting. I'm glad my life is not dull and boring. It is up to us to perceive life and make it to our own liking. Gosh, I think I'm sounding a bit lame here.

I'll continue about the fasting month in the next post. Till then, take care! =D

That's all from me for now!

No comments: