First and foremost, I would like to wish Eid Mubarak to my dear readers. May we meet again the next Ramadhan. Insya Allah. =)
The fasting month, in Uni.
So, this is the first fasting month without my family, not in Singapore. Well, a few days before fasting, I still didn't feel that the fasting month is about to come but I really was looking forward to the blessed month. I only feel the fasting month is about to come when I see posters and banners around the university compound.
Alhamdulillah, as my roommates are all my ex-classmates, didn't feel quite sad or lonely. The first day of puasa went quite well, which is, everybody wakes up for sahur. We had bonding session during buka and after as we will sit at the common place. The feeling's quite nice.
Had my mid-term tests during the fasting month. The first test in UIA, besides the placement tests. As usual, didn't study hard enough. I'm trying to promise myself this semester is the last time that I'll be slacking. University life is not that easy. Seen my seniors trying to do well and it's not an easy job. It's way different than the previous schooling life. Alhamdulillah, I have a lot of people to guide me. And Alhamdulillah my Arabic results is not that bad. See, I should try harder to excel. No use regretting now. Hah.
So after mid-term test was over, was so excited about going back but I was feeling very anxious too because I need to meet my grandma in KL before going back as she is going to Umrah a few days after I went back. At last, I got to meet her a day before I went back, which is a schooling day. Class finishes at 430 and I rust to my aunt's house by public transport. That was the first time I took the public transport alone. Feels like fear factor. I was trying my best not to feel too nervous. In the end, it was a good experience. Jakun jugalah sebenarnya. Heh. As I was alone, observed many things. Two things that made an impact on me. First, was the way the people gather while waiting for the train. The guys and ladies grouped themselves separately. I say this not at only one station but a few stations along the way. It took me by surprise. Second, was the cleanliness. Now I know why my ustazah says that Singapore is a really clean country. I know people keep saying that Singapore is known for cleanliness but I took for granted when I was at home. Now, really appreciate the cleanliness of my country. It was quite sad to see litters all over, especially at the rivers and around the plants. It was an eyesore.
Alhamdulillah, reached my aunt's house in one piece and I didn't get lost. Hugged my grandma so tight as I haven't met her since I entered U which is around 2 months plus. Had my iftar at their house and I feel so touched that I was having iftar as one big family. We talked a lot, and really laugh a lot. Alhamdulillah, I feel so super duper happy. Had a really great time. Ashkuru lillah bihazihi ni'ma. =D
So people, I'll stop for now, need to iron the whole family clothes for visiting later on. -_- So, I'll continue about my journey home in the next post. Till then, take care! =)
That's all from me for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment