love cheesecakes!!! =D
After school reopens, homework's, assignments keep stacking up. Well, I just need to manage my time properly.
On the 27th of march was the finals for the Arabic debate. It is just a competition inside school. It has been a blessing for me. Here is the story.
I was appalled when ustaz chose me to enter the debate. One, it can be clearly seen that my arabic s***s and my confidence level falls immediately when it's arabic. Two, I've never debated in front of so many people. Three, I rarely spoke arabic. I just can't understand the rationale of Ustaz choosing me as a debater, an arabic debater when there's clearly many more in the class better than me. I don't know why i just kept quiet when Ustaz asked if I'm ok with his decision. I just agreed, unwillingly at first. I realized later that I've made the right choice.
When I kept thinking about it, maybe this is the time for me to brush up on my arabic, maybe, this is the starting point for me to be serious in my arabic, and just maybe it is a sign from God.
For me, whatever I'm doing, I'll try to do my very best. Although it is not my choice to enter the debate but I've promised to myself to do my best. I never expected to win, but Alhamdulillah, I managed to get to the finals by just 1 point. I was just lucky, I guess. I have lots of grammar mistakes and I kept looking at my text. I don't know if I was happy or unhappy with the result. Well, I need to through the ordeal one more time. It is excruciating. Believe me.
I wasn't really prepared for the finals but I tried to make the best of it. I just hope that I'll present better this time round. I did not expect my group to win as there are two experienced debaters in the opponent's group. The day finally came. We had to wear blazers. I was coughing really hard as I was really nervous. Alhamdulillah, I managed to keep my cool on the stage.
Time flew by very fast on the stage. I was relieved. I just don't care what the results were. when it is announced that the best speaker is from my group, I was sure that the opponent's group had won. When they announced the winning group, I was confused, even my group members. The results were not really clear. When they repeated that it was our group that had won, I thank God for the chance that has been given to me. All my efforts had not gone to waste. Alhamdulillah.
After the debate, i believe that even though we are not good or expert in something, unless we faced it, we will never know what our capabilities are. We should have the courage to do things that we are not good at. We should not just be contented with what we are good at but we should try out new things.
That's all from me for now. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment